We want to ensure that you love your POWERUP's from the very first flight. Here are some tips to get you on course for your first flight:
- Parental Guidance - If you are gifting the Dart/3.0 to kids under 14, parental guidance is a must. We recommend that parents take a look at the app and support pages to have the best experience for younger kids who may not have the patience to read through and watch the tutorials. As a father of three, I can attest to this: The more you can guide young pilots while preparing for flight (especially with making their first plane and trimming it) the more enjoyable the end experience will be!
- DO NOT drive the Dart on the floor of your house, the propeller may collect lint and hair on the propeller and jam it in seconds. Throttling up a jammed propeller may cause permanent damage to your POWERUP module.
- Always reduce the throttle to zero when not flying.
- Take-off in 60-70% throttle. Boost button or 100% thrust should only be applied during flight and for a limited time of up to 5 seconds.
- Avoid flying on windy days.
- While the 3.0/Dart is crash-resistant, we recommend flying on grassy areas. Landing on concrete could eventually leave your 3.0/Dart beat up and permanently damaged.
- We recommend starting off with the Invader or Dreamer plane model (see our guide on how to make them). We also recommend starting without the wheels (DART only) and adding them to your Dreamer plane only after you’ve mastered flying without the wheels.
Go to the next page - Folding a Paper Airplane