Your goal in this test is to achieve straight, level flight, without any unwanted behavior by the airplane. Do not perform any maneuvers.
- Is the battery charged?
- Are the control surfaces adjusted correctly?
- Does the electric rudder move correctly when you tilt the smartphone?
2. Face the wind.
3. Choose a distant target to fly to.
4. Double-tap the throttle to unlock it.
5. Raise the throttle until the thrust indicator reaches 60%.
6. Hold your smartphone level, and keep it level during the entire test flight.
7. Launch the airplane with a gentle push.
Note: If it’s windy, use very little power to launch the airplane.
8. Observe your airplane until it lands; identify unintended behavior, and adjust accordingly. After a successful straight, level flight, you are ready for your first flight with you in command.
Warning: Whenever the Smart Module is turned on, make sure that the throttle is locked (lock it by double-tapping the screen of the smartphone app). Just before launching the airplane, unlock the throttle (by double-tapping the screen).
Go to the next step - Flight Path and Taking Off
Back to the PowerUp 3.0 User Guide