- To turn on your airplane, insert a fully charged battery to your airplane.
- If the battery is inserted, press the red On/Off button once.
Important: leave the airplane on a flat surface for the first 3 second after the LEDs are green! This will end the sensor calibration process.
- Setting - Throw To Fly - Enabled.
- Setting - Wi-Fi channel: make sure the channel you use is clear on the spectrum by observing the Channels page. Change channel if necessary!
- Battery level
Note: If the battery level is less than 25%, you have only about a minute left. Recharge the battery.
- Wind direction and speed; if wind speed is more than 5 m/s, abort!
Airplane’s Control surfaces - keep leveled, or slightly up
Note: Do not raise the control surfaces too high, as they will function as air brakes!
- Face the wind
Note: Your throttle and Roll stick are locked in the minimal position until you press Launch
Prepare for Launch
Press the Launch button
Note: recording will commence automatically. (This feature is not available in the Beta version)
The main LEDs will flash rapidly. Your airplane is ready for takeoff!
- Throw To Fly message will appear.
Your throttle is unlocked - slide the throttle level to maximum
Note: The motors are not running, as a safety feature, until the airplane sense a takeoff
Hold the airplane level and launch it forward in a slight descent vector (like pushing a boat in the water)
Right after the airplane senses the G force of the launch, the motors will open to maximum and the airplane will start to climb
Note: For the first few seconds keep the heading constant until you gained some altitude. A roll at this stage will cause the airplane to lose altitude
Go to the next page - Gamepad: Throw To Fly - disabled
Back to the PowerUp FPV User Guide