VR Flight is a new experience; unlike the Remote Control (RC) flight. it is a fun, high adrenaline activity, yet the complexity of this flight requires some advance practices and precautions.
Note: Flying with an FPV live video can be disorienting. Be aware not to stress yourself with long flights.
Before your first VR flight:
- Make sure your airplane flies well in RC mode
- Learn your surroundings - find four massive features, that you will be able to identify during the flight, for all the main directions - north, south, east and west
- Plan your path in advance, try and follow it during the flight
Tips for flying in VR mode:
- Hold your VR viewer with your hands. We realized the hands-on feeling you get, allows you to control the airplane accurately, and with ease.
- Important: Do not fly in VR mode without a friend, posted as a Spotter, to follow your airplane, and make sure your flight path is safe!
- Use the Control Box as a guide for the airplane; wherever you guide the Control Box, the airplane will follow!
- Always refer to the wind direction and strength. High winds will carry away your airplane, without you noticing.
Go to the next page - VR: Takeoff
Back to the PowerUp FPV User Guide