The FPV VR Mode Screen
While your phone is in VR mode you can always return to the Gamepad mode by pressing the red VR icon (1).
The greyed area (2) is where the External Button of the VR viewer presses on the screen. You can activate the external button functions by touching here.
While your phone is inside the VR viewer, you cannot touch the screen, so you will only be able to control the airplane with your head movements.
The VR viewer external button provides two functions:
1. Short tap - for taking a still image
2. Long press - activate the Launch/Abort
If you take your VR Viewer off your head during flight, you will command the motors to shut down to zero, and the airplane will land. This is our Panic feature for cases when you need to land immediately.
To control the airplane just move your head. Look up and the airplane will climb. See the Control Box providing you the exact percentage you commanded. Looking down reduces the throttle command.
To turn, tilt your head left or right (ear to the shoulder) and see the value in the Control Box adjust accordingly.
The Control Box also moves along the screen accordingly to your commands and represent the vector of the airplane.
VR Mode Displays
1. Launch/Abort - this is a display of the button only. You can change its status with a long press on the external button
2. Timer - displays your flight time (not available in the Beta version)
3. Record indication - the red circle is on when the airplane is recording. Recording starts when you activate a Launch (not available in the Beta version)
4. Control Box - Displays the values of the roll and throttle commands and presenting the vector of the flight
5. Battery indication - Displays the battery level
6. Wi-Fi indicator - Displays the Wi-Fi's signal strength
Go to the next page - The Setting Screen
Back to the PowerUp FPV User Guide