- To turn on your airplane, insert a fully charged battery to your airplane.
- If the battery is inserted, press the red On Off button once.
Important: leave the airplane on a flat surface for the first 3 second after the LEDs are green! This will end the sensor calibration process.
- Setting - Throw To Fly - Disabled.
- Setting - Wi-Fi channel: make sure the channel you use is clear on the spectrum by observing the Channels page. Change channel if necessary!
- Battery level
Note: If the battery level is less than 25%, you have only about a minute left. Recharge the battery.
- Wind direction and speed; if wind speed is more than 5 m/s, abort!
Airplane’s Control surfaces - keep leveled, or slightly up
Note: Do not raise the control surfaces too high, as they will function as air brakes!
- Face the wind
Note: Your throttle is locked in the minimal position until you press Launch
Prepare for Launch
Press the Launch button; it will change to Abort
- "Launch Now" message appears
Note: recording will commence automatically. (This feature is not available in the Beta version)
The main LEDs will flash rapidly. Your airplane is ready for takeoff!
Your throttle is unlocked - slide the throttle level to maximum
Important: The motors are running! Make sure your airplane is pointing to the ground until the launch, to avoid hurting yourself from the propeller!
- Hold the airplane level and launch it forward in a slight descent vector (like pushing a boat in the water)
Important: be careful not to bring the motors near your face or hair!
Note: For the first few seconds keep the heading constant until you gained some altitude. A roll at this stage will cause the airplane to lose altitude
Go to the next page - Gamepad - In The Air
Back to the PowerUp FPV User Guide