- To turn on your airplane, insert a fully charged battery to your airplane.
- If the battery is inserted, press the red On/Off button once.
Important: Leave the airplane on a flat surface for the first 3 second after the LEDs turn green! This will end the sensor calibration process.
- Setting - Throw To Fly - Enabled.
Note: Throw to fly - disabled is not recommended in VR mode!
- Setting - Wi-Fi channel: Make sure the channel you use is clear on the spectrum by observing the Channels page. Change channel if necessary!
- Battery level
Note: If the battery level is less than 25%, you have only about a minute left. Recharge the battery.
- Wind direction and speed; if wind speed is more than 5 m/s, abort!
- Flight path - planning is advised, mark main features in the four corners of the flight area.
- Spotter - make sure you have another set of eyes monitoring the airplane and it's path
Press the VR button on the Gamepad screen
- Insert the phone into the VR viewer, and secure it with the rubber strap (supplied)
- Airplane’s Control surfaces - keep leveled, or slightly up
Note: Do not raise the control surfaces too high, as they will function as air brakes!
- Face the wind, and hold the VR viewer in front of you, tilted up, with one hand.
Note: Your controls are locked until you activate Launch
Prepare for Launch
Press the external button for three seconds and let go. Launch will turn to Abort, and the LEDs will flash rapidly. Your airplane is ready for takeoff!
Note: Recording will commence automatically. (This feature is not available in the Beta version)
Without attaching the VR viewer to your face - make sure the phone is tilted up, so the throttle level is at maximum
Note: If Throw To Fly is enabled, the motors are not running, as a safety feature, until the airplane sense a takeoff
Hold the airplane level and launch it forward in a slight descent vector (like pushing a boat in the water)
Right after the airplane senses the G force of your launch the motors will open to maximum and the airplane will start to climb
Note: For the first few seconds keep the heading constant until you gained some altitude. A roll at this stage will cause the airplane to lose altitude.
- When the airplane gains some altitude, put the VR viewer on your face, and start to execute the flight path you planned.
Go to the next page - VR - In The Air
Back to the PowerUp FPV User Guide