Take these actions before every flight and especially when experiencing unstable communication such as choppy video streaming or reoccurring airplane disconnection.
- Choose a free WiFi channel. Usually the App will choose a channel automatically. However this is not always the best option. Go to the settings screen in the App, change the "WiFi channel" to "Manual", and use the graph display to choose a free channel as far as possible from the busy ones. Note that in some countries the transmission signal strength is limited by local authorities.
- Go to "advanced" in the settings screen of the App and choose "Best performance". This will change the video resolution to low, and will free up the bandwidth.
- Switch off the Bluetooth on your smartphone. If possible switch your smartphone to Airplane mode (leave the WiFi on).
- Switch other devices near you to Airplane mode.
- Remove your smartphone cover, the material it is made of might effect the WiFi.
- Use fully charged batteries for the POWERUP FPV. The signal weakens when the battery is low.
- Charge your smartphone before going out to fly.
- Keep away from power lines, utility poles and residential areas where there are many antennas, 200 meters should do it.
- Don't fly over water resources such as lakes, ponds or the sea. This will not only effect your WiFi connection but it may be very frustrating in case the airplane falls in (it is not waterproof).
- Don't fly too close to the ground, a few meters altitude where you have clear line of sight is the best. The transmission may be effected by obstacles when flying low, or by reflection from the ground.
- Don't fly too far. The App shows the Dbm level on the top left side of the screen. When it is -80Dbm or lower you are close to the transmission range limit, turn back before you lose communication.
- Some smartphones have stonger transmission than others, It is recommended to try another device.
Previous Tip - Launch The Airplane Into The Wind With 100% Thrust