- Bluetooth smart connection is an automatic process and should NOT be done by manual pairing.
- Once connected you will be able to update your Firmware version in the settings screen.
- When the module enters FW update mode, is will stay in this mode until the FW is updates completely.
Please follow this process exactly for both iOS and Android devices:
- Charge your POWERUP 4.0 module fully - see article regarding how to charge HERE
- Verify that the POWERUP 4.0 module on/off switch is in the OFF position.
- Turn OFF your screen auto-lock in your phone settings.
- Verify that bluetooth is on.
- Download & install the app HERE
- Open the POWERUP App.
- Android - verify that "Nearby device scanning" is enabled in your settings under Connections/ More connection settings
- Android permissions popup: Access Location services - Allow
- iOS permissions popup: Use Bluetooth for connecting your app to your POWERUP 4.0 - Allow
- NOTE - denying any of these permission will not allow bluetooth to connect. If you accidentally denied, you can always go to your phone settings to enable or reinstall the app.
- Click the FLY button in the Hangar screen, you will see the "Not Connected" screen
- Bring your POWERUP 4.0 module to close proximity to your phone
- Turn ON your POWERUP 4.0 module (slide small switch on top to on position).
- A short chime will sound and the propellers will rotate momentarily. The blue LED light will start to blink slowly. After 1-4 seconds the automatic bluetooth connection should initiate. Once connected you will hear a rumbling engine sound and the blue LED light one the module and app will double blink, indicating that your module is connected to your smartphone and ready to fly.
- The Fly screen cockpit will now be available for your first flight.
- A red dot will appear on the settings tab whenever a new firmware update is available. Please click the tab and review what is your FW status.
- Click the update Firmware button. (will appear only if your firmware is not up to date)
- The blue LED should start to flash VERY slowly, this indicates that the module in FW update mode, you will see an animated plane rotating in circles around a counter and counting down. The firmware state cannot be reset even if you reset the switch, it must finish the update entirely.The entire process should take less than 10 minutes.
- During the countdown the LED blue flashing will gradually start speeding up until the FW is complete. During this time, please keep the phone open.
- When the counter reaches zero, a screen will popup saying" Firmware complete", the module should restart automatically - your module will sound chime and props will spin momentarily. The LED will double blink meaning it is now connected to bluetooth.
- Click the " Let's FLY" button - this will take you the FLY screen which will open within a second - now you are ready to fly. (Android may take a few seconds to connect).
- As mentioned above, do not attempt to pair the module via the bluetooth screen. This can stall the Bluetooth connection or and also the FW update process. If you did this accidentally, please try to reset bluetooth or reset your phone.
- Turn off the module. Restart your phone to reset your bluetooth stack. Verify that bluetooth is on. Verify that location services is enabled and that "Nearby device scanning" is also enabled (this is under connections settings on Android) Open the app and turn on the module. Be sure to bring it close to the phone. The module should reconnect within 10 seconds after connecting try the manual FW update sequence via the settings screen.
- If Blue LED is blinking very slow (stuck in firmware update) turn the phone OFF and ON, and start the app again, go to settings and click FW update.
- Still no avail? reinstall the app and restart your phone. verify that you allow ALL the permissions requested by the app.
- Still having issues? please contact our firstname.lastname@example.org
After the update is complete, you will be able to see the FW version on the setting screen and only when your module is connected.