Dear pilot, welcome to our best POWERUP yet, with an onboard flight computer, autopilot, gyro accelerometer, flight telemetry,night flight, landing gear and endless ways to connect to a variety of wing options, from paper, balsa wood and foam.
Please be sure to subscribe and get familiar with our YouTube channel HERE
We want to ensure that you love your POWERUP's from the very first flight. Here are some tips to get you on course for your first flight:
- Parental Guidance - If you are flying or gifting the 4.0 to kids under 14, parental guidance is a must. We recommend that parents take a look at the app and the support pages to ensure the best experience for younger kids who may not have the patience to read through and watch the tutorials. As a father of three, I can attest to this: The more you can guide young pilots while preparing for flight (especially with making their first plane and trimming it) the more enjoyable the end experience will be! We prepared a step by step tutorial guiding you each and every step to a successful and enjoyable experience. Remember.. with POWERUP you are the creator so failure is part of the learning process. Crashing often is the best path to success.
- DO NOT drive the 4.0 on the floor of your house, the propellers may collect lint and hair on the propeller and jam it in seconds. Never throttle up a jammer propeller.
- Always reduce the throttle to zero when not flying.
- Take-off in 50-70% throttle.
- On your first flight, avoid flying on windy days. Although the 4.0 can navigate amazingly in windy conditions, learning to control properly is best done on calm none windy days.
- While the 4.0 is crash-resistant, we recommend flying on grassy areas. Landing on concrete could eventually leave your 4.0 beat up and permanently damaged.
- Inverted setup (F22) - NEVER fly on a hard, concrete surface as this will damage your module antenna permanently and render the product useless.
- We recommend starting off with the Invader plane model (see our guide on how to make them). We also recommend starting without the wheels, and adding them to your plane (Onslaught model) only after you’ve mastered flying without the wheels.
- Flying at night with your night flight kit is awesome! but be sure you try this only after you master flying your plane at day time first.
Get to know what is included in your kit (in the order top down):
- THE POWERUP 4.0 Dual motor smart module (using Bluetooth smart technology)
- SPARE PROPS for your left and right propellers. In case you need to replace a propeller, please refer to the maintenance guide, this will insure correct assembly and avoid damage to the motors during replacement.
- CROSS BAR - keep your wings flat, this is specifically important to keep your wing load during maneuvering. The cross bar is not required in avery airplane. We recommend to tape it to the wing to avoid loss during crashes.
- MICRO USB CABLE. for charging - you can use this or any similar cable to charge your module between flights. you can use any powersource common for USB - wall adapters, power banks, computer outlets.
- TRIM CARD - quick gauge to assist you with pre adjusting the elevators up position.
- PAPER AIRPLANE TEMPLATES - 4 sheets of the Invader design to get you started.
- QUICK INSTALLATION GUIDE - quick start guide in English (more languages will follow in 2021)
Article is closed for comments.