PRO TIPs for best flying range
- Connecting to your airplane is done by "touch and go" proximity sensing, be sure your Bluetooth is on.
- Straighten the antenna wire to vertical orientation - pointing up - this will give you the best flight range.
- Wifi may cause interference to Bluetooth communication, turn off when possible.
- Consider setting your smartphone to airplane mode, this will eliminate incoming calls while you fly, With airplane mode on you will not have access to the POWERUP support page while you fly.
- Consider removing your smartphone case, this may help increasing the signal strength and range of control.
- On your flight screen check the DB level (signal strength of your bluetooth), it should read between -50 to -60 before takeoff at one foot distance between your phone and the POWERUP 4.0 module. Android phones have a known bug which currently do not display the DB level accurately.
- Always point the smartphone in the direction of the plane.
- Hold the bottom section of your smartphone in the palm of your hand.
- Change the smartphone screen auto-lock setting to "never" and increase screen brightness to maximum.